The Asian Pacific Health Corps (APHC) at UCLA will be sponsoring its 2nd Annual Community Health Fair at L.A. Chinese Alliance Church on Sat., April 18, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Student volunteers from APHC will offer free preventative screenings for blood pressure and body mass index. APHC has also invited other service providers, including Western University, Asian Pacific Liver Center, Bruins in Focus, West Coast Ultrasound Institute, and Mobile Marketing Inc., to offer Hepatitis B, vision, glucose, cholesterol, hypertension, bone density, diabetes, stroke, and chiropractic screenings.
Other community organizations will also provide valuable information and resources about health and community issues. Physicians will be on-site to provide direct counseling on personal health issues, and referrals if necessary.
The Alhambra Community Health Fair is entirely FREE and open to EVERYONE (no insurance or proof of documentation is required). There will also be a children’s area with arts and crafts activities.
Screenings & Service Providers (Confirmed as of 4/5/15)
- Hepatitis B Screening (Asian Pacific Liver Center)
- Glucose & Cholesterol Screening (Western University)
- Stroke Screening via Pulmonary Scan (Association of American Medical Colleges)
- Echo Cardiogram (West Coast Health Sciences)
- BMI and Blood Pressure (Asian Pacific Health Corps)
- On-site Doctor Consultations (Physicians from Asian Physicians Network) – Will also be offering workshops on other health conditions
For more info on APHC, please visit www.studentgroups.ucla.edu/aphc/overview.htm, or you may contact APHC Health Fair Co-Directors, Daiki Hara and Phillip Dunn at email@example.com. For any other questions about the event, please contact Pastor Keone at firstname.lastname@example.org.